Welcome to the 2019 Rise Pushup Challenge!
The challenge runs from Sunday, September 1st through Monday, September 30th, and it works like this:
- On the first and last day of the challenge is a max test: do as many consecutive pushups as you can. These must be done in one sitting. Once you can’t eke out another pushup, that’s it!
- On the other days: do as many pushups as you can, but you can spread them out however you’d like!
- Stick with the same pushup variation for the entire challenge. If you can do a standard pushup, great. If you can only do knee pushups at the start, but you find you can do some standard pushups halfway through the challenge – fantastic! But stick with knee pushups for the sake of consistency.
It’s up to you to organize your weeks. Don’t start strong and fade, or procrastinate and wait until the last minute. Try to distribute the pushups somewhat evenly!
If you want to know what a proper pushup looks like, check out our exercises page and hit the “Pushups” button (video courtesy of 12 Minute Athlete). That video will show you how to do a regular pushup and modified (knee) pushup. Whatever kind of pushup you choose, stick to that variation throughout the challenge!
Every time you complete your daily pushups, you must submit them through our website to get credit. There are three hashtags for this challenge that are used to submit a challenge entry:
- #MaxTest1: The max test for the first day of the challenge – September 1st
- #MaxTest2: The max test for the last day of the challenge – September 30th
- #PlainOldPushups: For every other day!
Make sure you’re using the right hashtag for each submission!
While we do have a leaderboard for this challenge to foster some healthy competition, the only real goals are to (1) do lots of pushups daily, and (2) improve on our max test!