Risers! TMIRCE runners! Email recipients who forgot when and why they subscribed to this blog! Random folk reading this post via a Google search for outdoor fitness groups! You are all welcome, because Thanksgiving is coming up this week, and I am thankful for anyone that ends up reading about TWO exciting challenges we have leading into the New Year!
First, a TLDR:
- We’re partnering with our sister running group TMIRCE:NYC to hold a run streak challenge! Starting on Thanksgiving and ending on January 1st, the goal is to run at least one mile a day, every day. View more information about the challenge here! It’s not a competition! We want everyone to complete the challenge!
- In December, we’re holding a squat challenge! We’ll be doing a different kind of squat every week, but the goal is to do as many squats as you can all month. This is a competition, and there are prizes in order for those who top the leaderboard! View more details here.
Run Streak Challenge
The Rise is teaming up with our sister running club TMIRCE NYC for a classic holiday run streak challenge!
How does it work? From Thanksgiving through New Years Day, we’ll be running at least one mile a day. That’s it. The intensity of your run doesn’t matter. Whether you’re indoors on a treadmill or up in the mountains – it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that your daily mileage meets or exceeds 1 mile. Consistency is key!
Every day you run, keep track of your miles and log them on our spreadsheet. Note that this isn’t a competition – if everybody completes the challenge, then everybody wins!
It’s easy to slack off during the holidays and put fitness aside until the new year begins. We’re here to help you fight that feeling and embrace a goal that is totally manageable and FUN!
You can read more about the challenge here – including which TMIRCE and Rise workouts you should attend to get your miles in AND see awesome people!
Hindsight is 2020, so get your butt in shape for the new year!
The squat challenge runs from Sunday, December 1st through Tuesday, December 31st. The goal is simply to do as many squats as we can this month! Each week, we will tackle a different squat variation. The schedule is as follows:
- Regular Squats (#Week1): December 1st – December 7th
- Jump Squats (#Week2): December 8th – December 14th
- Sumo Squats (#Week3): December 15th – December 21st
- Bulgarian Split Squats (#Week4): December 22nd – December 28th
- Any kind of squat (#Week5): December 29th – December 31st
It’s up to you to organize your weeks. Don’t start strong and fade, or procrastinate and wait until the last minute. Try to distribute the squats somewhat evenly!
Every time you complete your squats, you must submit them through our website to get credit. Each week gets its own hashtag according to the schedule above.
Make sure you’re using the right hashtag for each submission!
We do have a leaderboard for this challenge to foster some healthy competition, and the top three leaders will get a prize (TBD)! But our main goal is to do lots of squats daily!
Your job now is to put your name on the run streak spreadsheet before Thanksgiving Day and commit to running a mile a day through New Year’s. December will be here soon after, so also make sure to read up on the squat schedule and get mentally prepped to climb the leaderboard!
Let’s end 2019 with a bang. A squatty, runtastic bang. RISE UP!