September has come to an end (insert Green Day joke here) and so has our jump rope challenge. How did you fare? Did you ever get around to buying a jump rope? Did you successfully jump rope for five minutes a day? Let us know!
For those of you not looking to invest in any more props, we’re happy to inform you that October’s challenge doesn’t require any purchases – just you and an elevated surface of choice!
50 Tricep Dips A Day
This month we’re doing 50 tricep dips a day – Monday through Friday – for four weeks. That’s 1000 dips in the month of October! Dips are simple. You use your triceps to lower yourself and raise yourself back up. See the graphic below:
Every Rise workout has a surface for you to use. Washington Square Park, Grand Army Plaza, and MacDonald Park have plenty of benches. Bryant Park has a whole bunch of steps leading up to the library. And the Williamsburg Bridge has a bench at the base (it’ll be a bit cozy if we all dip at once but we’ll make it work!)
Want to guarantee this challenge gets done? #JustShowUp.
Tomorrow we’ll be in Washington Square Park for a killer HIIT workout! Be there at 6:28 AM for two minutes of pre-workout high fives!
Click here to RSVP!
One last thing
A little checklist before you move on with your day:
- All our workouts are listed here.
- Make sure to like The Rise’s Facebook page, and join the NYC Facebook group where all the social activities happen!
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Subscribe to our mailing list here.
- Bring a friend. Heck, bring ten friends! We love social media, but nothing gets the job done like classic word of mouth.
- If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch!