If you’ve been following The Rise NYC for a while, then you probably know that we meet Monday through Friday at 6:30 AM all year round. Whether it’s 100°F or 0°F, we’re out there. We joke about not even needing to check the weather – why bother if the workout is happening anyway! But of course that’s not exactly true. This winter is turning out to be especially cold, and with a “bomb cyclone” on the way (whatever the heck that is) – it’s important to come to our workouts prepared – or you’re gonna have a bad time.
We’ve got a small but effective list of key items to help you stay as warm and happy as possible during our winter workouts!
Your Winter To-Do List
- Wear double socks and double gloves. Protect those extremities!
- Put on some long johns under your workout pants. Doubling up feels so good!
- Wear multiple top layers. For example – a T-shirt under a long-sleeve under a sweatshirt under a jacket. When you heat up during the workout, you can gradually remove layers
- Bags for clothes. When you remove your layers, you won’t want to throw your clothes on the snowy ground! Toss ’em in a bag.
- Ditch the cotton, embrace wool and polyester to keep you warm.
- Bring a thick winter hat. I also like to wear a winter hood to keep my face extra warm.
- Hand warmers! Greatest invention of all time – they make all the difference.
See you out there.
PS, if you’ve got other tips for staying cozy during winter workouts, leave ’em in the comments!