Fellow Risers, we’re joining our sister running club, TMIRCE, for a virtual race around New York.
This great virtual race will help all of our Risers and TMIRCErs prepare for fall races and happens to be a great way for everyone to get to know each other and work as a team!
Over the course of 60 days, you will be running 1,600 miles, in teams of up to six, around the perimeter of the state enjoying awesome 360-degree views of your team’s current locale each time you log miles. The race kicks off on September 1st and will end on October 31st!
Your running achievement will be awarded with an awesome digital award placard at the completion of the race!
Join as a racer or forward to someone who can use the motivation, no need to be a current Riser or TMIRCEr!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up as a virtual racer with your name and email, then join your team. If you don’t already have one, you can start a new one and recruit for it!
(Registration is $6.00 which covers all tech fees including setup and support)
- Run or walk anywhere, anytime and any number of times.
- Log your real miles on the virtual race page or in the RaceryApp along with a screengrab, screenshot or photo of your completed run or walk on your favorite tracking platform.
- Enjoy 360-degree street views each time you log miles.
- Racery will keep track of fun stats like your total mileage, runs/walks per week, and streaks! Watch yourself advance on the leaderboards!
- After you finish the race, share your award placard on social media – you deserve the bragging rights!
Check out the racer experience in this short video: https://vimeo.com/164173977
As always, anyone can do this. Everyone is welcome. We will have fun!
If you have questions you can reach out to Chris Lopez at Calopez05@gmail.com, or Darren King at DarrenFKing@yahoo.com