Most people sleep in on a holiday . We at The Rise are not “most people.” Despite the fact that Monday was Memorial Day, we came out to Washington Square Park for an extra special workout. On Wednesday, we were back at Bryant Park and Friday was the day of “reckoning” on the Williamsburg Bridge. Read on for some highlights from last week.
- The return of sprints to the workout – laps around the fountain!
- Burpees + box jumps = burpee box jumps!
- New York’s finest paid us a visit.
- Prizes! If you attend all 3 workouts, you win a very special prize. This week, we handed out a prize to one of our new Risers, Megan. I can’t tell you what that prize is; you just need to show up! I can tell you that it is awesome and (partially) hand crafted by one of our very own Risers, Chris L.
- Day of Reckoning – can you break your previous record of laps up and down the bridge? (spoiler alert: yes, you can!). New records were set by almost everyone.
- It was Fred’s birthday!
There you have it, another great week. Summer is here, and there is no better time than now to start getting fit with The Rise!