Last Tuesday we assembled as many of you as we could to reflect and to collect our thoughts on how we move ahead into the future. For those of you who missed out, this post will try to recap as best we can the themes of the evening.
First and foremost, we are so grateful for the investment and commitment that everyone has shown. The Rise would be nothing without your enthusiasm and cheer. Second, looking to the future, we are really hoping to:
- Expand and enrich our group vision by drawing on our members’ skills and enthusiasm.
- Set a blueprint for the way things are run. We’d love to open up as much as possible the way our members help plan and run The Rise.
The first step of this plan has been to canvass as many ideas and expressions of interest as we can from you. This was set in motion on Tuesday night, but it will be an ongoing challenge.
For those that were able to make it on Tuesday night, we came away with an incredible set of ideas. It was great to see how many of you have become emotionally invested in the future and success of The Rise. We were blown away by the conscientiousness and quality of your input. Thank you!
For those who were unable to make it, we’d still love to hear from you! Think about the following questions:
- What can be done to make The Rise a better, more fulfilling community? Every success we’ve had so far has been a combination of planning, sweat and dumb luck. We know there are things we can do better, and we know you know what they are. Write them down!
- Do you want to help? What are you good at? We want to draw as much as we can on the skills of our members. We are a group of accountants, mathematicians, project managers, jugglers, etc. We don’t want those resources to go to waste. If you want to help out, let us know. If you have a particular skill, let us know that, too! It could be your profession, it could just be a hobby, it doesn’t matter. At the end of the day, Dave still sucks at photoshop… why should Dave be doing all the photoshopping?
- What would you like to do? Do you want to lead a workout? Do you want to help plan one? Do you want to blow the whistle? Take photos? Don’t be shy! There is no wrong answer here, just tell us how you’d like to help.
If you have any thoughts on any of the above, please send as an email. It could be as simple as “I’m willing to help”. Just knowing that helps us plan, delegate and keep things running smoothly.
In the end, by showing up, you become a stakeholder in our community. We want you to feel like your input and your ideas are welcome. What happens from here is up to you!